Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Moms visit and first bath



My mom came to visit for a week. It was very helpful because I was able to get things done around the house that I wanted too. I also was able to sleep in and Asher got alone time with Grandma. Most of the time was spent at my house because Asher is still to young to be around a ton of people. Towards the end of the trip we were able to take him out shopping with us and he did really well. My mom was pretty thankful to be out of the house for awhile I'm sure. He also had to get his genetic screening done. He got poked in the heel and didn't even blink. I was so proud of him!

Asher's umbilical cord feel off while my mom was here. I'm sorry but that thing is so gross! I had my mom clean it because it was just a bit much for me. Once the circumcision healed and his umbilical cord fell off we could give him his first bath. Apparently Ryan and I are not very good at it. I filled the tub to much with water so when Ryan was holding Asher he let the little guy slip a little and Asher drank some tub water. I guess that scared him because he started screaming. Then, because I was trying to hurry, I slapped him in the face with the wash cloth. I think its safe to say we scarred him for life. I hope he can forgive us!




My mom left on Tuesday. It was sad to see her leave but she will be back on the 22nd of November for Thanksgiving with the rest of my family. Ryan's family comes next Tuesday so we have a really busy November.

Just to let you all know the second bath went much better!!

2 comments:

April Elizabeth said...

LOL about the bath! The good news is that they won't remember it at all!

April Elizabeth said...

P.S. Where's the pic of Grandma and Asher????????