I thought I would do something similar to what April did and kind of do a review of 2008.

The Lord blessed us so much this past year. Ryan and I grew so much and learned a whole lot more. We have been getting more and more into our church. We love that church and our pastor. He is just amazing! The people there have a real love for Jesus and it shows.
Of course as everyone knows I got pregnant in January. We had a few bumps in the first few months but overall it went well. My only complaint, as everyone probably knows, was the stairs at work. I had to go down three flights of stairs to get to the bathroom. Those stairs were definitely my nemesis, however I do have to thank them at the same time because I got a good workout in just by going to work.
Ryan got a motorcycle. I wasn't happy at first but he's really enjoying it so I can't complain. Its also cheap on gas so that is nice.
I was able to travel to see my family and my wonderful FF gals for my first baby shower! Then about a month later I met up with April (anf finally met Preston) and we flew to see my in-laws for my second baby shower. Work also threw me a shower and then so did Jackie. I was so blessed by everyone! I don't think I had to buy one thing. Thank you all who bought Asher a gift, I am so thankful for each item.
Last but not least came our pride and joy; Asher! He means the world to us. He is such an amazing little boy. Ryan is such an amazing dad! He makes me so proud, Asher just laughs when he sees dad. I can't wait to see them together as Asher grows. Ryans parents and my family came and saw him. It was a lot of good fun for everyone. At Christmas it was just Ryan, me and Asher. We had a good time together for our first Christmas. I can't wait to teach Asher the meaning of Christmas and have him understand!
So much more happened but I did want to share the highlights. Thank you to everyone in our lives you are true blessings that we charish.
Things I learned in 08'
1. pregnancy and labor were much easier than anticipated. (yeah I said it!)
2. breastfeeding was much, much harder than anticipated.
3. I never thought a topic of conversation at the dinner table could be about dirty diapers.
4. Don't wear a dress when its really windy out.
5. Always check the weather, see number 4 for the reason.
6. Family and friends are amazing blessings in my life.
7. I love Jesus more and more everyday!!!
3 months preggo

7 months preggo

1 week before Asher was born


Asher 1 day old




1 comment:
Ha ha about checking the weather! I'm glad for another update! His room is so cute. As for the easy delivery...you suck! J/K I love you depsite that!
Post a Comment