Thursday, May 21, 2009

Sweet Home Alabama....

Asher and I were able to go visit April in Alabama. We had the best time! April is 9 months pregnant and I was really hoping I would get to meet Ashlyn before we left. That's OK though, that just means they have to come out to us before the end of the year!

Asher grew leaps and bounds with Preston around showing him the ropes. It was so neat to see them interact. Preston was so so sweet with Asher and it just made me smile.

April is always a wonderful host. She made us feel welcome and comfortable. We talked and ate as much food as possible. I was able to meet her friends, and boy is she lucky;) They are all wonderful people.

It was nice to see grass and trees again! They have a beautiful home and they live in a beautiful area. I was able to see Pete for two days which was great. Asher just loved Pete and couldn't get enough of him. Poor Pete had two boys competing for his attention. He did a great job entertaining them both! I just can't say enough nice things about the visit.

We did have to stay an extra day because my flight was delayed and they wanted me to spend 8 hours in an airport. I'm pretty sure they were crazy! We stayed an extra day so I could get better flights.

Asher is now pulling himself up on everything and standing. We are in a lot of trouble! He is eating lots of food and has even started on the gerber snacks (thanks april!). He has his high chair now (thanks grammy!) and its much easier to feed him. I found out that he likes the big boy toys (thanks preston!) so Ry and I had to go to Target and buy some more toys for him. April will be getting a package full of baby toys very soon;) He is getting very vocal. If you don't feed him fast enough he yells at you. He is teething like crazy, so we may see some teeth very soon. There is more but I can't think of it right now.

I will post more today or tomorrow because I have pics and video to share.

Thank you April, Pete and Preston for a wonderful visit!!!!

1 comment:

April Elizabeth said...

It was so fun to have you all! You made those last days go by so fast! We will definitely have to come and see you...all 4 of us!!!!! Asher is hilarious about food, I think he has a hollow leg like his mommy!!!!