Saturday, June 6, 2009

Life is Beautitful!

Asher decided last week that he would start walking while holding on to things (see below for the evidence). Ryan and I were pretty excited and then we realized that it may not be such a good thing. Now he is able to get into even more stuff!
His favorite thing to do is to stand at his gate. We will try to get him to play with us in his room but he would rather stand at the gate and shake it. His new thing is to take a toy and run it across the bars.
Today he made his dad very proud; he played with a five pound weight! I promised my dad we would wait until he was a year old until we had him work out, but it looks like Asher couldn't wait;)

Its a beautiful day so we took Asher to the playground and went down the slide a couple of times. He smiled at the beginning but wasn't quite sure once we got going. There's not much he can do right now but soon he will be climbing all over that thing. Its so exciting to think of the future but its sad to see him grow up.

On another note, I entitled this Life is Beautiful because..... its true! I just enjoy spending time with my family and the Lord! I'm loving every minute of this life and I hope you are all too. There is also a movie called Life is Beautiful and if you haven't seen it, you should! Its an amazing story about a father and son. God Bless you all! Enjoy your weekend, and if you want, leave a comment about how your life is beautiful!


3 comments:

April Elizabeth said...

These are just too cute! I love the baby gate ones because they give me flashes in the future of Asher crawling over them! My life is made more beautiful because I have a friend like you! (oh and I'm blessed with a loving hubby, son that keeps me on my toes and a soon to be babhy girl!)

Anonymous said...

adorable! I can't wait to see him again! Oh and you too;)

benjity said...

Oh my goodness your baby is sooo cute and he sounds like so much fun.
MY LIFE is more beautiful just because I know you. You have been on my mind so much lately. Just remember good times and loving you!
Your blog today was so encouraging. I'm working more on meditating and I was on Phil 4:8 today - you my friend are true, honorable and lovely!